Monday, January 24, 2011

My graduation show project -Mazu

Hi guys ~ sorry for the late update.

Finally I graduated from Art Center!!!! (After…switching majors from graphic design → illustration → Entertainment Arts → Entertainment Design…. what a journey!!!!)

Usually in our Entertainment Design department, most students do visual development projects in sci-fi and featured film style, but I really wanted to do something different. Something I enjoy doing too! So I picked the Mazu project.

My teacher Christian Scheurer said my style is fresh and unique for Ent Design department. I was reaaaally happy to hear that ^^ (coz I wasn’t really sure if doing a complete different style than everybody else was the right thing to do or not…)

Below is my project poster (inspired by Tibetan Thangka). You may have seen my older version in my blog but this is the finalized one. :) I actually changed all the characters’ look and also refined the background.
poster

Characters line up
characters


main characters
3char 2char


Props, houses, trees
props

Fighting scene
AngieHu-Portfolio-HQ-featured10

and the location
location
I like this location painting a lot! This is done after researching and referencing traditional Chinese paintings and it’s compositions. I got a lot of good feedbacks on this painting at the show too :)

I actually did some few sec animated loop characters and scenes… will post them later.

Related Posts with Thumbnails